A high quality join in small group atmosphere for a half day morning elephant care at Blue Tao Elephant Village, ethical elephant experiences and being up close with these giant pachyderms, cooking healthy treats for elephants, feeding, walking ( No riding ) through the lush forest, fun elephant bathe in the hidden waterfall. Thai homemade lunch included. ( # Tour starts 06:30 am, ends 02:00 pm # Small-group tour # PRICE: 2,100 THB / person ).
BLUE TAO ELEPHANT VILLAGE
unique place is located among the terraced White Karen Hill Tribe rice
paddy fields, natural
streams, waterfalls, large beautiful pine woods and lush forest of the
backside of Doi Inthanon Mountain, Southwest of Chiang Mai, Northern
Thailand.Where are they from ?
( These intelligent creatures ).
are the important treasure from the White Karen hill tribe ancestors
since 400 years ago, from generations to generations until nowadays.
The original village of these elephants is a small village called "
Baan Sob Mae Satop", which is located in the middle of
the mountain of Mae Chaem District, further Southwest of Chiang
Mai Province, Thailand. In the past they were the important vehicles of
hill tribe people to carry rice, salt, tobacco among Mae Chaem - Samoeng
- Chiang Mai - Mae Hongson. How we become Blue Tao Elephant Village ?
used to work really hard in timber industry in Northern Thailand
for some British timber companies, later they had entered into
tourism by carried tourists with the howdah chair on top of their back
at some elephant trekking camps in the North of Chiang Mai. Recently, the
elephant owners decided to dump the trekking howdah chair and regrouped
into a sustainable Eco tourism & ethical elephant experiences with
us, and it becomes " Blue Tao Elephant Village
" till nowadays.
Community support ?
project is not only to improve the living conditions of the elephants,
but also supporting the hill tribe people who live in
villages near our base camp. We buy some agricultural products from them
to use for elephant's foods such as Napier grasses, corn stumps, rice
grains, tamarinds, sugar canes and bananas. We also sponsor some
village' activities for instance Children' s Day.Gallery on Google plus pics set 1 pics set 2 pics set 3 pics set 4 pics set 5 pics set 6
You can also view more pictures on our Facebook fan page as well > Blue Elephant Thailand Tours, Blue Tao Elephant Village.Videos Youtube 1 Youtube 2 Youtube 3 Youtube 4 Youtube 5 Youtube 6 Youtube 7 Youtube 8 Youtube 9 Youtube 10 Youtube 11 Youtube 12 Youtube 13 Youtube 14
ITINERARY 06:30 am - 02:00 pm [ No Riding ]
06:30 - 07:00 AM. Pick up from hotel in Chiang Mai city and transfer to Blue Tao Elephant Village. .
Drive about 1 and a half hours along the picturesque country road towards Southwest of Chiang Mai. .
We arrive at the elephant village, get change into the elephant keeper outfit. .
Learn about Asian Elephant and our background, cooking healthy treats for elephants. .
Learn how to approach and be near elephants and feeding foods to them. .
Walking with elephants ( no riding ) for 30 minutes through the beautiful lush forest and crossing the bamboo bridge. .
Fun bathing & scrubbing elephants in the hidden waterfall, taking pictures with them. .
Walk the elephants back to our base camp, feeding some more foods and say goodbye to these giant pachyderms. .
Take your time for a cool shower and changing back into your own cloth. .
Enjoy delicious Thai homemade lunch with fresh fruits at our hill top restaurant with great views. .
Leave the elephant village and transfer you back to Chiang Mai city. .
02:00 PM. Arrive at your hotel and end of our wonderful tour.
PRICE : 2,100 THB / person
CHILD RATE : 1,600 THB / person ( 3 -10 yrs ). * Child under 3 yrs is free of charge.
- Our tour departs daily from Chiang Mai city. ( Never stop for any national holidays ).
- This tour suitable for all ages from small children till elderly persons.
Trip Includes - Round trip transfer by air conditioned minibus or suv car for comfortable and safety reason.
- All activities as mentioned in our tour itinerary above.
- Thai homemade lunch and fresh fruits at our elephant village.
- Bottled drinking water service free for entire trip.
- Food for feeding elephants.
- Local 1st class travel accident insurance.
- English speaking tour guide. ( He /she will take photos for you, please bring your own camera ).
Pick up & Drop off
- It's free of charge for pick up & drop off at any hotels, hostels, resorts located in Chiang Mai city area only.
- But, additional charges will apply for any hotels, hostels, resorts located off Chiang Mai city area.
- If your pick up place
is a private house rental, condo, hostel, booking through Airbnb.com
, then we need
to know the Host's name with phone no. ? Building or property's name ? The exact location ? and Google maps ?
- Why ? Since Chiang Mai is a large city nowadays and traffic jam is not funny in the morning and evening.
We will not accept your booking, if you give us uncleared or not enough information of pick up & drop off place.What to pack
- T-shirt & long pants, training shoes and flip-flops, swimming gear, towel, a change of cloth and underwear.
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, and camera.What's we provide for you
- The elephant keeper outfits, rubber rain boots, Thai hobo shoulder bags, and bamboo hats.
- Nice shower rooms, western toilets, metal lockers at Blue Tao Elephant Village.
Please note: Since we don't focus on advertising and don't leave any brochures at
any tour desks or hotels in the city of Chiang Mai.Therefore, please kindly book directly with us by click at the button " BOOKING "
Direct booking: +66 81 884 3295 we speak English & Spanish
Our email: firstname.lastname@example.org